Two Nordic films have been nominated for the Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing: Foreign Language Feature award at the Motion Picture Sound Editors Golden Reel Awards.
The first of those films is The Happiest Day in the Life of Olli Mäki, for which the following are nominated:
- Supervising Sound Editor: Pietu Korhonen
- Sound Effects Editors: Peter Albrechtsen, MPSE, Erik Bjerknes
- Foley Editor: Heikki Kossi, MPSE
- Foley Artist: Heikki Kossi, MPSE
The second film is Norway’s Thelma, for which the following have been nominated:
- Sound Designers: Gisle Tveito, Fredric Vogel, Peter Albrechtsen, MPSE
- Sound Effects Editors: Ingar Asdahl, Therese Næss Diesen, Peder Hammerborg
- Foley Editor: Yvonne Stenberg
- Foley Artist: Roy Fenstad
The Golden Reel Awards are designed to showcase the artistic merit of sound editing. The winners will be announced on the 18th of February.
You can find the full list of foreign-language films nominated here.