Transilvania International Film Festival dedicates retrospective to Ingmar Bergman
The Transilvania International Film Festival has announced that the retrospective for this year will focus on Ingmar Bergman. The retrospective will form part of the Bergman100 celebrations, which are taking place throughout the year due to it being 100 years since the birth of the filmmaker.
Films that will screen include:
- Fanny and Alexander (1982), which received four Academy Awards and a Golden Globe
- Summer with Monika (1953), which is based on the novel by Per Anders Fogelström
- Wild Strawberries (1957), which stars Victor Sjöström and is one of Bergman’s most well-known films
- The Seventh Seal (1957), an allegory with apocalyptic visions about the meaning of life
- Persona (1966), one of Bergman’s most experimental films
- Autumn Sonata (1978)
- Saraband (2003), Bergman’s last film
Also screening is Marie Nyreröd’s Bergman Island (2004), a documentary where the director talks about his childhood and about the back story of some of his most important films, will also be shown.
Closeup Ingmar Bergman will be part of the 17th edition of the Transilvania International Film Festival, which takes place between the 25th of May and the 3rd of June in western Romania.