Theodor Christiensen 100 Years Celebrataion
On the 6th of April, the Danish Documentary pioneer Theodor Christensen will be turning 100. His anniversary will be celebrated in Filmhuset in Gothersgade throughout the year, and the DFI and Film School will make the day a celebration.
Theodor Christensen, born on 6 April 1914, was a key figure in the development of the Danish documentary movement. As a director he made about 50 films, but also as a screenwriter, film theorist, critic and film teacher marked himself.
Anniversary 6 April
- Cinematheque invites everyone to celebrate the birthday at. 16:30, when two of Theodor Christensen’s film, “C – a corner of Sealand” and “The Hundred Days”. The event is introduced by film scholar Martin Lars Sorensen and sociologist Kai Søren Christensen – Theodor Christensen’s son. Ticketing
- The Danish Film Institute webtidsskrift kosmorama.org brings on the day a birthday greeting in the form of an introductory article on Theodor Christensen’s work.
- Film School, as Theodor Christensen helped to pitch the way, and how he taught, is celebrating the centenary of the time. 10.00. Programme and registration
Exhibition, publishing and film screenings from 1 May
- Movie house opens exhibition of Theodor Christensen
- kosmorama.org publish a series of essays by Theodor Christensen and articles about his life and films
- Film Centre is launching a number of films by Theodor Christensen, so Danes across the country can have the opportunity to become acquainted with his works
- Cinematheque show during May ten of the director’s films: Theodor Christensen 100 years
There’s also this great overview of his work here