The Icelandic film ‘Woman at War’ has sold across Europe and China
The new Icelandic film from director Benedikt Erlingsson, Woman at War has been picked up for distribution in major European territories as well as China and Australasia.
The film tells the story of Halla, a woman on a mission to protect the highlands of Iceland. Her environmental quests and efforts to take on the big business becomes complicated when an orphan enters her life.
Beta Cinema has sold the film to the following territories:
- Pandora (Germany and Austria)
- Teodora (Italy)
- Avalon (Spain)
- Scanbox (Sweden, Norway, Finland)
- Imagine (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Huanxi (China)
- Hi Gloss Entertainment/Limelight Distribution (Australasia)
- Magnolia (North America)
- Picturehouse (United Kingdom)
Woman at War had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, where it received positive reviews.