The upcoming Lars von Trier film The House that Jack Built has been picked up for Spanish distribution after Golem acquired the rights.
The Spanish distributor has also released Trier’s films Nymphomaniac, Melancholia, Antichrist, Dogville, Manderlay, The Idiots, and Dancer in the Dark.
The House that Jack Built chronicles the rise of the serial killer Jack, played by Matt Dillon, who is trying to commit the perfect murder.
So far, the film has already been sold for distribution in the following countries:
- US (IFC)
- UK and Ireland (Curzon Artificial Eye)
- Germany and Austria (Telemünchen)
- France (Films Du Losange)
- Latin America (California)
- Benelux (September)
- Greece (Seven)
- Portugal (Leopardo)
- Israel (Shani)
- Middle East (Falcon)
- China (DD Dream)
- Hong Kong (Sundream)
- South Korea (Atnine Film)
- Russia/CIS (Russian World Vision)
- Poland (Gutek)
- Hungary (Vertigo Media)
- Taiwan (Moviecloud)
- former Yugoslavia (Cinemania)
- Czech Republic (Aero)
- Bulgaria (Euro Films)
- Romania (Independenta Film 97)
- Baltic States (Estin Film)
- The Nordic Countries (Nordisk)
The House that Jack Built will have its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on the 14th of May and will have a local release in Denmark in November.