Danish director Susanne Bier [+] has begun filming a new Netflix film titled Bird Box.
Starring Sandra Bullock, John Malkovich, and Sarah Paulson, the film follows a family as they navigate a 20-mile river journey blindfolded through a post-apocalyptic world in which they must rely on their wits and their hearing to survive. In this near-future world, an alien invasion has driven mankind to violence.
Susanne Bier has been a busy woman since the success of The Night Manager. She is currently working on:
- Frenzy, which looks at the works of Ingmar Bergman. Bier is directing.
- A remake of the 2002 Dogme film Open Hearts [+], in which Bier is credited as a writer. Zach Braff, famous for Scrubs, is supposed to direct. However, the film has been in pre-production since 2006.
- Redemption, an American film about a group of criminals who kidnap a CEO for ransom. Bier is directing.
- The Tracks, an American film about the true story of a mother’s journey to learn the truth about the murder of her teenage son which thrusts her unknowingly into the largest cocaine smuggling and gun running operation in US history – secretly conducted and condoned by the CIA. Bier is directing.
- This Beautiful Lie, an American film about a family who is shaken by a sexually explicit video that goes viral.