The winners of the Stockholm Film Festival were announced over the weekend, with the Rising Star Award going to Gustav Lindh.
The award was handed out by last year’s Rising Star winning Filip Berg.
The jury consisted of Anna Carlson, chairman of the theatre association, Lisa Rosengren, the project manager at Film and TV producers, Jan Göransson, the press director at the Swedish Film Institute, Pia Johansson and Magnus Krepper, both actors. They stated: “The 2018 Rising Star at Stockholm Film Festival is award to a young person who has already made a strong impression in several films. With a close inwardness combined with a dramatic sharpness, he succeeds in touching strings inside us. We anticipate a wonderful future in film.”
The nominees were:
- Julius Fleischanderl [+]: Debuted as a child in television series. Also had a role in Young Sophie Bell [+] but got his breakthrough with Sami Blood [+].
- Evin Ahmad [+]: Recently played Eva in Beyond Dreams [+].
- Can Demirtas [+]: Got his breakthrough in the popular Måste Gitt [+], which he starred in and wrote the script for.
- Gizem Erdogan [+]: Had a minor role in Underdog [+] but broke through with Beyond Dreams [+].
- Gustav Lindh [+]: Had a role in The Circle [+] and is starred in the Swedish film Vilken Jävla Cirkus [+].
- Lene Cecilia Sparrok [+]: She debuted as the lead in Sami Blood [+].