Love watching new and exciting movies but don’t want to leave your home? Don’t worry, the Artekino Film Festival has you covered.
This exciting new film festival brings ten new European films straight to your living room from the wonderful device known as the Internet. The best part is that it is free to watch ten new and incredibly good European films and discover the fascinating world of European cinema . The first edition of the ArteKino Festival offers internet users from 44 European countries the chance to watch ten European films for free between the 30th of September and the 9th of October.
The films chosen have been unveiled at major European film festivals include Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Locano and Rotterdam. They are:
- Lost and Beautiful (dir. Pietro Marcello)
- Safari (dir. Ulrich Seidl)
- Happy Times Will Come Soon (dir. Alessandro Comodin)
- Wild (dir. Nicolette Krebits)
- Last Days of Louis XIV (dir. Albert Serra)
- John From (dir. Joao Nicolau)
- A Good Wife (dir. Mirjana Karanovic)
- The Girl Without Hands (dir. Sebastian Laudenbach)
- Suntan (dir. Argyris Papadimitropoulous)
- Fatima (dir. Philippe Faucon)
Every film is accessible for free but you have to make a reservation, with a maximum of 5,000 viewers per screening available. If your reservation isn’t honoured, after five days the tickets are put back on sale. Reservations are open and selling quickly so be quick! And for us, the films are available with French, German, English and Spanish subtitles.
The film with the highest grade will be award 50,000 euros by Nespresso.
Cinema Scandinavia is excited to be a press partner for the Artekino Festival.