In the May round of production support the Nordisk Film & TV Fond has allocated NOK 12,650,000 to new and upcoming projects. Here are the projects receiving funding:
- Thelma dir. Joachim Trier: This film centres on a young woman in her twenties who is unaware of her frightening powers. She leaves provincial Norway to study in Oslo, and there feels isolated until she meets Anja. The film is written by Joachim Trier and Eksil Vogt, and filming starts this September. The film is produced by Motlys and co-produced by Memento Films Production (France), Snowglobe (Denmark) and B-Reel (Sweden).
- The 12th Man dir. Aage Aaberge: The film focuses on the resistance fighter Jan Baalsrud and his legendary escape from the Nazis in 1943. In the lead is Norwegian rapper and TV host Thomas Gullestad. Principal photography starts in February 2017.
- Under the Tree dir. Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson: This family drama follows Atli, father of a four-year-old daughter, who is accused of adultery from his ex-fiancee and forced to move in with his parents. While he fights for custody, he is gradually sucked into a dispute between his parents and their neighbours regarding an old and beautiful tree. The film is produced by Rams producer Grímar Jónsson
- Gåsmamman II dir. Richard Holm: This returning series of Nordic Noir centres on a woman who is drawn into the criminal world to save her family. The opening season was a hit for Kanal5 that registered one of the highest ratings ever for a local drama. Season 2 will premiere on CMore in November 2016 and Kanal5 in February 2017.
- Last but not least, an untitled Maria Blom film produced by Patrick Ryborn has received funding.