A selection of Nordic films are set to screen around Israel next month as part of a special program called ‘A Look at Nordic Cinema’.
Twenty films have been selected to be shown, and they represent both the ‘greats’ of Nordic film history as well as some of the best in contemporary cinema. Some of the films selected are:
- The House That Jack Built (dir. Lars von Trier)
- Europa (dir. Lars von Trier)
- Antichrist (dir. Lars von Trier)
- Thelma (dir. Joachim Trier)
- A Moment in the Reeds (dir. Mikko Makela)
- Not Just Another Love Story (dir. Ole Bornedal)
- Valhalla Rising (dir. Nicolas Winding Refn)
In addition to the films screening, the guests of honour are Juuso Laatio and Jukka Vidgren, who directed Heavy Trip. The film is about Turo, who is trying to overcome his fears by leading the most unknown heavy metal band in Finland, Impaled Rektum, to the best music festival in Norway.
The program will screen from the 1st until the 10th of November at cinemas in Tel Aviv, Herzliya, Holon, Jerusalem, and Sderot. It is organised by the Herzliya Cinematheque in cooperation with the embassies of Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden.