The next round of young acting talent have been announced and will be presented during the opening weekend of next year’s Berlinale.
The list includes two Nordic actors: Swedish actress Karin Franz Körlof, who is noted for her performance in Olaf Spaak’s debut feature Garden Lane, and Denmark’s Esben Smed (pictured), who is listed for his role in Letters for Amina. Franz Körlof has also appeared in A Serious Game and Blue Eyes, and Smed has been in Follow the Money season two, Summer of 92′ and Sorrow and Joy.
The selected group will be now be presented during the opening weekend of the 67th Berlin International Film Festival (February 9 – 19).
This year’s Shooting Stars jury included: Lucinda Syson, casting director on Batman Begins and Kick-Ass, former Shooting Star Dorka Gryllus from Hungary, director Xavier Koller from Switzerland, Portuguese producer Pandora da Cunha Telles and Swedish film critic and writer Jan Lumholdt.
The jury made its selection from 26 nominees put forward by the EFP member organisations this year.
THE FULL LINE-UP:
- Italy: Alessandro Borghi (Suburra)
- Latvia: Elīna Vaska (Mellow Mud)
- Denmark: Esben Smed (Letters for Amina)
- The Netherlands: Hannah Hoekstra (The Fury)
- Sweden: Karin Franz Körlof (Garden Lane)
- Germany: Louis Hofmann (Centre of My World)
- Slovenia: Maruša Majer (Schoolmates)
- Romania: Tudor Aaron Istodor (Ashes and Blood)
- Portugal: Victoria Guerra (Impossible Love)
- Poland: Zofia Wichłacz (Afterimage)