New Nordic TV Dramas to premiere at Göteborg
At this years Göteborg Film Festival, a prize for television drama will be handed out for the first time. This is alongside the new industry event, the TV Drama Vision.
The prize, which is handed out by the Nordisk Film & FV Fond, is to award outstanding scriptwriters in television drama. The five nominated scriptwriters are Jesper Harrie (Bonus Family), Søren Sveistrup (The Day Will Come), Karrina Hazard and Leea Klemola (Love & Order), Mette M. Bølstad and Steven Uhlander (Nobel), and Ragnar Bragason and Margrét Örnólfsdóttir (Prisoners, Iceland). They will also take part in a panel discussion at the festival.
During TV Drama Vision, a special focal point titled ‘What’s Cooking’ in the Nordics will be presented. The eight up and coming projects that will be presented in this section are:
- Family Affairs, a Swedish drama co-written by Oskar Söderlund and Mikkel Bak Sørense
- Imprint, a Swedish horror/crime from actress/creator Moa Gammel (Jordskott) and co-creator Zeke Tastas
- Sherlock North, a Finnish show produced and directed by Juha Wuolijoki
- Drift, a Norwegian series written by Kyrre Holm Johannessen
- Young and Promising Three, a Norwegian series by actress/writer Siri Seljeseth
- A Danish political thriller titled Midnights, created by Anna Reeves (pictured)
- A Danish web series called Yes No Maybe directed by Mads Rosenkrantz Grage
- Wisting, a Norwegian crime series based on the novels by Jørn Lier Horst