Twelve Icelandic films are set to be screened as part of an Icelandic retrospective at the Festival Premiers Plans D’Angers, which is being held between the 22nd and 31st of January in Angers, France. The section will also contain a retrospective of the works of Icelandic/French director Sólveig Anspach, who passed away last year.
Icelandic director Dagur Kari and Patrick Sobelman will also attend the festival.
Here are the festivals screening:
- Vestmannaeyjar by Sólveig Anspach (1989)
- 101 Reykjavík by Baltasar Kormákur (2000)
- Reykjavík, Elves in the City by Sólveig Anspach (2001)
- Noi the Albino by Dagur Kári (2003)
- Jar Cityby Baltasar Kormákur (2006)
- Back Soonby Sólveig Anspach (2008)
- Of Horses and Men by Benedikt Erlingsson (2013)
- Paris of the North by Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurdsson (2014)
- Life in a Fishbowl by Baldvin Z (2014)
- Virgin Mountain by Dagur Kári (2015)
- Sparrows by Rúnar Rúnarsson (2015)
- Trapped(pilot), directed by Baltasar Kormákur (2015)