The European Genre Forum has announced the projects that will take part in its 2018 edition, which kicks off on the 18th of April 2018.
Among the line-up is the Finnish film Birds of a Feather. The horror/drama is about the twelve-year-old perfectionist Tinja, who hatches a bird-like doppelgänger to carry out all her buried worst impulses.
The stories chosen in the European Genre Forum reflect a wide variety of cinema. The projects will attend three talent labs throughout 2018. Here’s the full list of projects:
- Birds of a Feather – Dir. Hanna Bergholm (Finland)
- Fingernail – Dir. Boaz Armoni (Israel)
- No Man’s Land – Dir. Mel Piper (Germany)
- Spinners – Dir. Ivars Tontegode (Latvia)
- The Base – Dir. Alex Madia Levi (United Kingdom)
- The Descendant – Dir. Colinda Bongers (The Netherlands)
- The Hike – Dir. Daniel Rübesam (Germany)
- The Plague Doctor – Dir. Michael O’Connor (Germany)