Starting this year, Finland has introduced a new production incentive for international productions.
The production incentive is a cash rebate model with the maximum of 25% of the spend in Finland. This is targeted for feature films, fiction series, animation productions and documentary films.
In order to qualify for the incentive, you need:
- Financial and artistic motives
- An idea of how much you’ll spend in Finland
- Distribution agreement for Finland
- A Finnish co-producer
- Finnish production service provider
- Finnish artistic expertise – be it narration, direction, acting, production design, or some other creative role in the production.
- Presenting Finnish locations or depicting Finnish life and culture are also validating qualities.
To learn more of the new production incentive, please visit: