The movie theatre network Europa Cinemas and the sales agency Europa International have teamed up to launch the first edition of Tales of Europe.
Tales of Europe is a new initiative that aims to support the circulation and promotion of European films that are being introduced to the US market. Ten films have been selected in total, including two Nordic titles. These films have already screened at major festivals, but none have a US distributor. The project will target new and upcoming directors.
The project was launched at the Art House Convergence’s conference in Utah, and was introduced by Daniela Elstner, CEO of Doc and Film International, and Susan Wendt, director of International Sales and Marketing at TrustNordisk.
Here’s the full list of films selected:
- After the War (France, Italy, Switzerland) dir. Annarita Zambrano
- All That Divides Us (France, Belgium) dir. Thierry Klifa
- A Serious Game (Sweden, Denmark, Norway) dir. Pernilla August
- Catch the Wind (France) dir. Gaël Morel
- Djam (France, Greece, Turkey) dir. Tony Gatlif
- Fortunata (Italy) dir. Sergio Castellitto
- King of the Belgians (Belgium, Netherlands, Bulgaria) dir. Peter Brosens, Jessica Woodworth
- Men Don’t Cry (Bosnia and Herzegovina/Slovenia/Croatia/Germany( dir. Alen Drljević)
- The Last Family (Poland) dir. Jan P Matuszyński
- While We Live (Denmark) dir. Mehdi Avaz