The European cinema body Eurimages has announced it will be funding 20 new film projects after its recent meeting in Armenia.
Of those projects chosen, 17 are fiction, two are animated and one is a documentary.
Among the list is the latest film from Icelandic director Grimur Hakonarson, who had great international success with Rams in 2014. His new film is called The County and follows a middle-aged cow farmer.
Also in the list is Bergman Island from French director Mia Hansen-Løve. The film is about an American filmmaking couple who find the line between reality and fiction blurred when writing screenplays on Faro, the island that was home to Ingmar Bergman. It is set to star Greta Gerwig, Mia Wasikowska and John Turturro.
Another highlight of the list is the new film from Bent Hamer. Called The Middle Man, the film is set in ‘Trumps America’.
You can view the full list below:
Eurimages film projects
- The Disciple (dir. Ivan Ostrochovský) – €190,000 (Slovak Republic, Ireland, Czech Republic, Romania)
- Ooops! Back in The Deep End (Toby Genkel, Sean McCormack) – €450,000 Animation film (Germany, Luxembourg, Ireland)
- My Lake (Gjergj Xhuvani) – €90,000 (Albania, Italy)
- Pompeii (Anna Falguères, John Shank) – €380,000 (Belgium, France, Canada)
- Yalda (Massoud Bakhshi) – €160,000 (France, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg)
- Little Joe (Jessica Hausner) – €450,000 (Austria, United Kingdom, Germany)
- All The Pretty Little Horses (Michalis Konstantatos) – €110,000 (Greece, Belgium, Germany)
- Pardon (Jan Jakub Kolski) – €270,000 (Poland, Slovak Republic, Czech Republic)
- Bergman Island (Mia Hansen-Love) – €293,561 (France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden)
- Mare (Andrea Staka) – €170 000 (Switzerland, Croatia)
- Uspantan (Augusto César Diaz) – €150,000 (Belgium, France)
- Even Mice Belong In Heaven (Jan Bubenícek, Denisa Grimmová) – €370,000 Animation film (Czech Repbulic, France, Belgium, Slovak Republic)
- Beyond The Horizon (Delphine Lehericey) – €250,000 (Switzerland, Belgium)
- The Last Bath (David Bonneville) – €100,000 (Portugal, France)
- Fishbone (Dragomir Sholev) – €130,000 (Bulgaria, Romania)
- The County (Grímur Hákonarson) – €320,000 (Iceland, Denmark, France, Germany)
- The Middle Man (Bent Hamer) – €400,000 (Norway, Canada, Germany)
- Lola And The sea (Laurent Micheli) – €190,000 (Belgium, France)
- Before The Fall (Heddy Honigmann) – €180,000 Documentary (The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway)
- It Must Be Heaven (Elia Suleiman) – €450,000 (France, Germany, Canada, Turkey)