Two major Swedish directors, Tomas Alfredson and Pernilla August, are going to take part in SVT and the Swedish Film Institute’s tribute to Ingmar Bergman, alongside four other Swedish film industry members.
The directors are going to make a ten minute short film inspired by the world of Ingmar Bergman. The six films will premiere at the Göteborg Film Festival 2018 and will air on SVT in the summer 2018, to coincide with the great master’s 100’s anniversary.
Here under is the list of projects:
- Bergman Reliquarium – Written and directed by Tomas Alfredson, based on an idea by Jesper Waldersten. Produced by Fatima Varhose of Another Park Films. The film is a visual association to Bergman’s most holy secrets.
- Knölen – Written and directed by Jane Magnusson, illustration Liv Strömquist Produced by Cecilia Nessen of B-Reel Feature Films.
A film about Bergman’s best face.
- Scener ur natten (Scenes from the Night) – Directed by Pernilla August, based on a script by Cilla Naumann. Produced by Anna Anthony of Avanti Film. A woman and a man meet on an archipelago boat for a love weekend. So far they had a mutual understanding about the conditions for their secret affair, but the night on the desolate island changes everything.
- Ariel – Written and directed by Linus Tunström. Produced by Anders Landström of Filmlance International.
A girl is born with wings. When Filip and Anna discovers that their new born daughter is not like any other child, they react in totally opposite ways. Anna sees it as a miracle, Filip as a stigma. Do you have to cut the cord for the magic to survive becoming an adult?
- Guds tystnad (God’s silence) – Directed by Lisa Aschan, co-written with Isabel Cruz Liljegren. Produced by Anna-Maria Kantarius of Garage Film International. Aschan and Liljegren were inspired by The Silence, but replaced Bergman’s with their own.
- Infektionen (The infection) – Written and directed by Patrik Eklund. Produced by Mathias Fjellström of Salmonfox.
We are thrown straight into the action when the couple Krister and Kristina Carnemo visit marriage counsellor Miriam. The small problems that characterise their relationship has recently become more apparent and they leave the clinic filled with doubt.