The Les Arcs European Film Festival has announced their lineup, and Norway has been selected as the spotlight country. Rúnar Rúnarsson’s Sparrows will also be competing in the main competition. The festival takes place in the alps of France between the 12th and 19th of December.
“We are very pleased that Les Arcs has chosen Norway as this year’s focus country in 2015. Les Arcs has in a few years established itself as an important and central European film festival and an important gateway to the French market,” said executive director-promotion and international relations Stine Helgeland, of the Norwegian Film Institute.
“We hope the result will contribute to an increased collaboration between the Norwegian and French film industries, also supporting the international export of Norwegian cinema. About 35 Norwegian film professionals – directors, actors and producers – will attend the festival in Les Arcs,” Helgeland concluded. (source: NFI)
In addition to the spotlight, five new Norwegian films currently being made will be presented as part of the festivals Co-Production village.
The films screening as part of the spotlight country are:
- Babycall. Dir: Pål Sletaune
- The Bothersome Man (Den brysomme mannen). Dir: Jens Lien
- Turn Me on, Goddammit! (Få meg på, for faen). Dir: Jannicke Systad Jacobsen
- Headhunters (Hodejegerne). Dir: Morten Tyldum
- Insomnia. Dir: Erik Skjoldbjærg
- The Hunt (Jakten). Dir: Erik Løchen
- Kon-Tiki. Dirs: Joachim Rønning, Espen Sandberg
- In Order of Disappearance (Kraftidioten). Dir: Hans Petter Moland
- The Art of Negative Thinking (Kunsten å tenke negativt). Dir: Bård Breien
- The Almost Man (Mer eller mindre mann). Dir: Martin Lund
- Out of Nature (Mot naturen). Dir: Ole Giæver
- Oslo, August 31st (Oslo, 31. August). Dir: Joachim Trier
- Kitchen Stories (Salmer fra kjøkkenet). Dir: Bent Hamer
- Happy, Happy (Sykt lykkelig). Dir: Anne Sewitsky
The Wave will also be screening as part of the playtime programme.
Other Nordic films screening include:
- Sparrows (Official competition)
- Bridgend (Auteur programme)
- The show of shows: 100 years of Vaudeville, circus and carnivals (Music Films)
- Dead Snow: Red vs Dead (Snow Frayeurs)
- Troll Hunter (Snow Frayeurs)