Cinema Scandinavia is hiring!
Love Nordic film and TV? Why not come work with Cinema Scandinavia!
Over the last two years Cinema Scandinavia has written about Nordic film and television all around the world, and now the website is looking to expand. We are looking for new staff members to help build Cinema Scandinavia into a successful and popular bimonthly publication. This is an exciting opportunity to jump on board a growing publication and help develop it into the key source for Scandinavian film.
The key responsibilities include:
- Attend major film festivals
- Interview important industry members
- Review new films
- Write news stories for the main website
- Come up with marketing ideas and new publishing platforms
- Helping edit and co-ordinate the bimonthly magazine
This position will start off as unpaid, but all festival trips will be funded and as the website grows it will become a paid position. Please email us if you want us to elaborate on payment. As this is the case, this position is suitable for someone who is passionate about film first.
We are looking for someone who….
- Lives in Europe (but preferably the UK or Scandinavia)
- Has excellent understanding of English
- Has fresh and exciting ideas for the publication
- Has written about film and television before
- Some understanding of a Scandinavian language is important, but not necessary
- Loves Nordic film and TV!
You will be working alongside the website’s founder and chief editor Emma.
If you would like to apply to be a writer Cinema Scandinavia, please email Emma at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
Applications close on the 10th of May.
We are also looking for…
If you have excellent knowledge of marketing/PR or would like to host a potential podcast or web series for Cinema Scandinavia please email us – these are positions we are also considering!